Endocrinology and Nutrition
Our Endocrinology Unit is specialised in very frequent disorders including thyroid diseases, diabetes, obesity and high lipids.
The medical team within the department is also in charge of treating endocrine organ afflictions whose pathologies require high specialisation, as they are less frequent, such as hypothalamus, hypophysis, parathyroid, adrenal glands and male and female gonads. In addition, the Unit has a Nutrition Area where a dietician gives advice on drawing up personalised diets.
- Hypothalamus / Hypophysis.
- Thyroids. Thyroid Disease Unit.
- Bone and Mineral Metabolism Disorders Osteoporosis.
- Suprarenal glands.
- Male Endocrinology: Hypogonadism Impotence with endocrinological causes.
- Sexual Differentiation and Identity disorders.
- Female Endocrinology: hirsutism, endocrinological menstrual disorders, menopause.
- Plasmatic Lipoprotein disorders and other Cardiovascular Risk Factors.
- Arterial Hypertension with Endocrine Cause.
- Diabetes Mellitus Type 1 and 2. Gestational Diabetes Basic and Advanced Diabetes Education Complete.
- Check-up for Diabetics.
- Functional tests for hormonal study.
- Endocrinological tumours Thyroid cancer.
Care for Admitted Patients
- Assessment care for patients with eating disorders.
- Assessment of nutritional condition.
- Design of individualised diets.
- Nutritional support by mouth.
- Enteral nutrition.
- Parenteral nutrition.