Sant Joan de Déu-Barcelona Children's Hospital in Spain
Sant Joan de Déu-Barcelona Children’s Hospital is one of the leading medical centers in Europe for childhood and adolescence and offers a comprehensive and multidisciplinary approach to health care from birth through 21 years of age. As the pediatric center of the University of Barcelona is associated with the Clinic Hospital being the hospital alliance most well-known in Spain and one of the international references for highly specialized hospital care, teaching and research.
Currently is attending annually more than 25.000 inpatient admissions, 200.000 outpatient visits and 115.000 emergencies. The hospital performs each year more than 14.000 surgical procedures and is attending around 4.000 births.
Sant Joan de Déu-Barcelona Children’s Hospital is a center of Hospitaller Order of Saint John of God network all over the world open to everyone that needs health care. The Brothers of Saint John of God are working in 50 countries in all continents, with 40.000 professionals, 1.231 brothers and more than 300.000 donors.
A center of excellence that ensures accessibility and proximity activity at the same time distinguished by its expertise and ability to research and teaching.
Our hospital is a private not-for-profit center. However, in Spain is working mainly for the National Health System offering the public contracted services.
Our hospital is located in Barcelona, one of the most attractive cities worldwide for its living standards, culture and arts, economic and social development. Barcelona metropolitan area is nowadays one of the most dynamic poles of the biomedical industry that is closely related to the health care organizations to benefit each other from strong synergies.Moreover, the city offers a wide range of hotels, apartments and all needed facilities.WHY SHOULD YOU CHOOSE US?
- Because we are one of Europe’s foremost paediatric university hospitals by volume of activity and experience.
- Because together with Hospital Clínic Barcelona we form a hospital group that is internationally acknowledged for its medical specialisation, research and teaching.
- Because of the high technical and scientific level of our health professionals, who strive for excellence in medical care.
- Because of the quality of the care we offer and the proven excellence of our clinical results.
- Because our organization is “hospitable”: it is conceived to assure that children, adolescents and their families will experience a hospital stay that is as positive as possible.
- Because our facilities and equipment are under constant renewal to provide the highest technical excellence and comfort.
- Because of the support and warmth conveyed by our qualified volunteers, team members and supporters.
- Because we are constantly innovating with the aim to be more useful to our patients and their families.
- Because of the trust placed in us by patients and their families from around the world.
- Because we share medical advances with the networks formed by the world’s leading paediatric hospitals.