Find Breast Augmentation in South Africa. Select the best Breast Augmentation Clinic in South Africa, save money on your treatment, compare reviews, prices and find all the information you need.
Breast Augmentation Clinics in South Africa
What is Breast Augmentation?
Breast augmentation, also known as augmentation mammoplasty, is a surgical procedure that uses breast implants or fat to increase the size, shape or fullness of your breasts.
Breast Augmentation Treatment Duration
The Breast Augmentation procedure takes between 2 and 3 hours.
How long is Breast Augmentation Recovery Time?
A Breast Augmentation patient can return to their normal life activities in 1 week and more strenuous activities 6 weeks post-op. The Breast Augmentation scars usually heal after 6 weeks and fade within a few months.
What are Breast Augmentation Risks?
Breast Augmentation does have some associated risks. As a surgery it has very simialar risks as with other common surgeries.
Most noteable to breast augmentation are:
- Breast pain
- Impeded breast-feeding function
- Nipple and breast sensation changes
- Hematoma(Post-op bleeding)
- Visible Wrinkling
- Seroma(Fluid Accumulation)
- Thinning of the breast tissue
- Problems with the size or shape of the implants
About South Africa
South Africa is located in the southern most point of Africa and is famous for former president Nelson Mandela, Diamonds and Gold, the Big 5 and the Kruger National park. South Africa has 11 oficial languages and has a population of over 55 million.
Healthcare in South Africa
The South African healthcare system consists of both private and public healthcare. The public South African Healthcare system serves 80% of the population. Private healthcare in South Africa is far better served than the public healthcare, thus if you require quality private care, it is essential to have private medical insurance.
The Transport System in South Africa
South African public transport is limited and most visitors rent a car to get to their destination and move around town. The most convenient way to get around South Africa is by air, domestic flights will get you from one side of the country to the other in 1 to 2 hours. There are also reasonably priced luxury busses and trains to get you from A to B
Airports in South Africa
South Africas most popular airports are:
- OR Tambo International Airport in Johannesburg, Gauteng
- Cape Town International Airport in Cape Town, Western Cape
- King Shaka International Airport in Durban, KwaZulu-Natal
- Port Elizabeth Airport in Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape
- East London Airport in East London, Eastern Cape
- George Airport in George, Western Cape
- Bloemfontein Airport in Bloemfontein, Free State
- Kimberley Airport in Kimberley, Northern Cape
- Upington Airport in Upington, Northern Cape
The information above is purely to help guide the patient and should not be considered as medical advice on the part of Healthcare-Choices.com. Any treatment or healthcare option should be done upon proper consultation and advice by a qualified physician.