Find Dental Implants Worldwide. Select the best Dental Implants Clinic Worldwide, save money on your treatment, compare reviews, prices and find all the information you need.
What is Dental Implants?
Dental implants are surgically placed metal posts or frames that will hold replacement teeth. These frames or posts are put into the jawbone underneath the gums. Dental implants fuse to your jawbone and because of this they provide stable support for the replacement teeth. If dentures and bridges are mounted to the dental implants, the chances of them slipping or moving is unlikely. This gives the patient great comfort when eating or speaking. With this secure fitment of dentures, bridges and crowns on dental implants, the patient will have a more natural feel than with other bridges and dentures.
Dental Implants Treatment Duration
The dental implants process typically involves 3 procedures, but can vary from person to person. In all the dental implant process takes roughly 5 to 8 months.
The 3 procedures that are typically involved are the following:
- Evaluation and Preparation: 3 to 6 months.
- Artificial Root Placement: 1 to 2 hours with a recovery time of 3 to 6 months.
- Placement of the Crown: usually 2 visits, two weeks apart.
What are Dental Implants Risks?
Dental Implants have a few risks but are very rare.
- Infection can occur where the implant was placed.
- Damage to other teeth and blood vessels around the dental implant during the placement.
- Nerve damage can occur and cause pain and numbness in the surrounding areas.
- Sinus problems may occur when the dental implant extends into one of your sinus cavities due to the placement in your upper jaw.
Dental Implants Statistics
The success rate of dental implants depend on where the dental implants were placed in the jaw. Dental implants have a high success rate of up to 98% and can last a lifetime.