Find Dental Implants in Greece. Select the best Dental Implants Clinic in Greece, save money on your treatment, compare reviews, prices and find all the information you need.
Dental Implants Clinics in Greece
What is Dental Implants?
Dental implants are surgically placed metal posts or frames that will hold replacement teeth. These frames or posts are put into the jawbone underneath the gums. Dental implants fuse to your jawbone and because of this they provide stable support for the replacement teeth. If dentures and bridges are mounted to the dental implants, the chances of them slipping or moving is unlikely. This gives the patient great comfort when eating or speaking. With this secure fitment of dentures, bridges and crowns on dental implants, the patient will have a more natural feel than with other bridges and dentures.
Dental Implants Treatment Duration
The dental implants process typically involves 3 procedures, but can vary from person to person. In all the dental implant process takes roughly 5 to 8 months.
The 3 procedures that are typically involved are the following:
- Evaluation and Preparation: 3 to 6 months.
- Artificial Root Placement: 1 to 2 hours with a recovery time of 3 to 6 months.
- Placement of the Crown: usually 2 visits, two weeks apart.
What are Dental Implants Risks?
Dental Implants have a few risks but are very rare.
- Infection can occur where the implant was placed.
- Damage to other teeth and blood vessels around the dental implant during the placement.
- Nerve damage can occur and cause pain and numbness in the surrounding areas.
- Sinus problems may occur when the dental implant extends into one of your sinus cavities due to the placement in your upper jaw.
Dental Implants Statistics
The success rate of dental implants depend on where the dental implants were placed in the jaw. Dental implants have a high success rate of up to 98% and can last a lifetime.
Greece is the birthplace of democracy and is famous for the Olympic Games and its many historical sites. Greece is located in Southeastern Europe and has a polation of over 10 million people, the official language of Greece is Greek.
Healthcare in Greece
Greece has a universal healthcare system which provides financial protection and health care to all their citizens. Greece is also a very popular medical tourism destination worldwide where patients can have their treatment and enjoy the Greek history, culture, natural beauty and thousands of islands. With your European Health Insurance Card (EHIC), you will be able to get a reduced price and in some cases even free treatment.
The Transport System in Greece
Greece has a well developed modern transport network of railways, roads, rapid transit, air routes and ports which makes it a very easy to get to your destination. The most popular way to get to the different islands are by ferry.
Airports in Greece
The most popular airports in Greece are:
- Athens International Airport in Athens
- Heraklion International Airport in Heraklion
- Thessaloniki International Airport in Thessaloniki
- Rhodes Island International Airport in Rhodes
- Chania International Airport in Crete
- Corfu Island International Airport in Corfu
- Kos Island International Airport in Kos
- Santorini (Thira) Island National Airport in Santorini
- Zakynthos Island International Airport in Zakynthos
- Mykonos Island National Airport in Mykonos
The information above is purely to help guide the patient and should not be considered as medical advice on the part of Healthcare-Choices.com. Any treatment or healthcare option should be done upon proper consultation and advice by a qualified physician.