Find Dental Implants in South Africa. Select the best Dental Implants Clinic in South Africa, save money on your treatment, compare reviews, prices and find all the information you need.
Dental Implants Clinic in South Africa
Dr Johan Hartshorne and staff at the Intercare Medical and Dental Centre, Tygervalley would like to extend a warm welcome to you and your family to enjoy a full complement of dental and other healthcare services under one roof, including: Dental Implants, Orthodontic Therapy, Restorative Care, Root Canal Treatment, and Gum Disease Treatment.
Intercare Medical and Dental Centre, Tyger Valley Health Centre, 43 Old Oak Road, Tyger Valley, Bellville, Cape Town, 7536, South Africa
About Dental Implants
Dental implants are surgically placed metal posts or frames that will hold replacement teeth. These frames or posts are put into the jawbone underneath the gums. Dental implants fuse to your jawbone and because of this they provide stable support for the replacement teeth. If dentures and bridges are mounted to the dental implants, the chances of them slipping or moving is unlikely. This gives the patient great comfort when eating or speaking. With this secure fitment of dentures, bridges and crowns on dental implants, the patient will have a more natural feel than with other bridges and dentures.
Dental Implants Treatment Duration
The dental implants process typically involves 3 procedures, but can vary from person to person. In all the dental implant process takes roughly 5 to 8 months.
The 3 procedures that are typically involved are the following:
- Evaluation and Preparation: 3 to 6 months.
- Artificial Root Placement: 1 to 2 hours with a recovery time of 3 to 6 months.
- Placement of the Crown: usually 2 visits, two weeks apart.
Dental Implants Risks
Dental Implants have a few risks but are very rare.
- Infection can occur where the implant was placed.
- Damage to other teeth and blood vessels around the dental implant during the placement.
- Nerve damage can occur and cause pain and numbness in the surrounding areas.
- Sinus problems may occur when the dental implant extends into one of your sinus cavities due to the placement in your upper jaw.
Dental Implants Statistics
The success rate of dental implants depend on where the dental implants were placed in the jaw. Dental implants have a high success rate of up to 98% and can last a lifetime.
About South Africa
South Africa is located in the southern most point of Africa and is famous for former president Nelson Mandela, Diamonds and Gold, the Big 5 and the Kruger National park. South Africa has 11 oficial languages and has a population of over 55 million.
Healthcare in South Africa
The South African healthcare system consists of both private and public healthcare. The public South African Healthcare system serves 80% of the population. Private healthcare in South Africa is far better served than the public healthcare, thus if you require quality private care, it is essential to have private medical insurance.
The Transport System in South Africa
South African public transport is limited and most visitors rent a car to get to their destination and move around town. The most convenient way to get around South Africa is by air, domestic flights will get you from one side of the country to the other in 1 to 2 hours. There are also reasonably priced luxury busses and trains to get you from A to B
Airports in South Africa
South Africas most popular airports are:
- OR Tambo International Airport in Johannesburg, Gauteng
- Cape Town International Airport in Cape Town, Western Cape
- King Shaka International Airport in Durban, KwaZulu-Natal
- Port Elizabeth Airport in Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape
- East London Airport in East London, Eastern Cape
- George Airport in George, Western Cape
- Bloemfontein Airport in Bloemfontein, Free State
- Kimberley Airport in Kimberley, Northern Cape
- Upington Airport in Upington, Northern Cape
The information above is purely to help guide the patient and should not be considered as medical advice on the part of Healthcare-Choices.com. Any treatment or healthcare option should be done upon proper consultation and advice by a qualified physician.