Find IVF - In Vitro Fertilization in India. Select the best IVF - In Vitro Fertilization Clinic in India, save money on your treatment, compare reviews, prices and find all the information you need.
What is IVF - In Vitro Fertilization?
In vitro fertilization (IVF) is a form of assisted reproductive technology (ART). The procedure is used to help women conceive in situations where conception isn’t possible due to infertility.
How does IVF work?
IVF is the process of manually fertilizing eggs by extracting the eggs, obtaining a semen sample, and combining these. Several embryos are obtained from this process. These are transferred to the uterus where implantation occurs. More than one embryo can be implanted to account for the fact that not all will develop into a pregnancy.
It is possible to freeze some of the embryos for transferal at a later time.
IVF - In Vitro Fertilization Treatment Duration
The initial IVF process – before eggs are extracted – happens in cycles. Each cycle can last a few weeks to allow time for consultation, to administer fertility medication, and for the egg to develop.
It takes about 3 – 5 days for the fertilized eggs to develop into embryos.
What are IVF - In Vitro Fertilization Risks?
A small number of people may experience side effects to the hormones administered at the start of IVF to stimulate egg production.
Possible side effects include:
- Mood swings
- Abdominal pain
- Hot flashes
- Abdominal bleeding
- Very rarely ovarian hyper-stimulation syndrome
Seek medical advice if you experience more serious symptoms.
A low level of risk is associated with IVF. Patients are usually able to resume day-to-day activities a day after the treatment.
Possible side effects include:
- Passing a small amount of blood
- Mild cramping
- Mild bloating
- Breast tenderness
- Ectopic pregnancy could occur after embryo transfer – if you experience the more severe symptoms associated with an ectopic pregnancy, you should urgently seek medical attention
Seek medical attention for more severe symptoms.
IVF - In Vitro Fertilization Statistics
On average, nearly 30% of women achieve pregnancy and about 23% result in live births (CDC Report, 2009).
A woman's age and the reason for infertility can influence the success rate.
The outcome of IVF depends on multiple factors, especially the reason for infertility and the patients ages.
The data is as follows for the live birth of 1 baby or more:
- 34 years and under: 40% success rate
- 35 - 37 years: 31% success rate
- 38 - 40 years: 21% success rate
- 41 - 42 years: 11% success rate
- 43 years and over: 5% success rate
India is a country located in South Asia and has a population of over 1.3 billion people. India is the second most populous country in the world and is famous for its spices, Bollywood, Gandhi and the Taj Mahal.
Healthcare in India
Indias Medical tourism and healthcare industry are growing rapidly. Most patients in India make use of the private healthcare system, many times paying for treatment out of pocket. The treatment you will receive in a private healthcare clinic is of world class quality and will cost a fraction of the price that you will normally pay in developed countries.
The Transport System in India
India has network of railways, roads, rapid transit, air routes and ports which makes it a very easy to get to your destination. The railway system in India is the most important public transport method and is the one of the most used public transport systems in the world.
Airports in India
The most popular airports in India are:
- Indira Gandhi International Airport in Delhi
- Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport in Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Kempegowda International Airport in Bengaluru, Karnataka
- Chennai International Airport in Chennai, Tamil Nadu
- Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International Airport in Kolkata, West Bengal
- Rajiv Gandhi International Airport in Hyderabad, Telangana
- Cochin International Airport in Kochi, Kerala
- Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International Airport in Ahmedabad, Gujarat
- Pune International Airport in Pune, Maharashtra
- Goa International Airport in Goa